The school exists across places and is shared between local rural communities, local cultural organisations and associated research initiatives.
SET UP BY
Myvillages has been connecting communities, individuals and spaces using a trans-local identifier: The Rural. Myvillages is an international collective founded in 2003, and is registered as an International Foundation in the Netherlands.
The Rural School of Economics website was built by An Endless Supply. Indra Gleizde and Bertwin Wenink are looking after the content and maintenance.
- Van Abbemuseum, Eindhoven, Noord Brabant in the Netherlands
- Scottish Sculpture Workshop, Village of Lumsden, Aberdeenshire, UK
- Pollinaria, Province of Pescara, Abruzzo, Italy
- Lumbung.Space, documenta fifteen, Kassel, Germany
- Brest Fortress Development Foundation, Belarus
- World of Gusli, Pushkino, Russia
- Business Department, Alanus University, Alfter, Germany
- Terrra, Brezoi, Romania
- RADIUS, Delft, Netherlands
- Zburazh Art Coop, Zburazh, Belarus
- TENT Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Associated Initiatives, Research Groups and Organisations currently include:
- Rural Imaginations Group, ASCA, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Cultural Geography Group at Wageningen University, Netherlands
- Community Economies Institute, Sydney, Australia
- Alanus Hochschule für Kunst und Wirtschaft, Alfter, Germany
- Rural Environmental Field School, University of Colorado, Boulder, US
- Cultures 4 Resilience (C4R) together with atelier d’architecture autogerée in Paris
- Casco Art Institute in Utrecht
- The Rijksmuseum Twenthe in Enschede, the Netherlands