Plans for 2023
In early December 2022 we launched "Lumbungsden" together with the Scottish Sculpture Workshop in Lumsden, to honour the enormous achievement and proposition made by ruangrupa during documenta fifteen, and to support the global call for #lumbungcontinues as a localised practice made by many.
In the first half of 2023 the Rural School of Economics will be mainly active
* in Lumsden with a summer school in early July
* in Pushkino, with a trans-local visit from Zvizzchi in May
* at Terrra in Brezoi, setting up a new permanent collective place initiated by aaa
* and redrawing the economy with Master Business students and growers in Alfter
* a year with new local research starting on "Cow and Landscape" across dairy communities in The Netherlands.
* we connect this spring to Donna Paola Art Farm in Puglia and with Mostyn Gallery in the small settlement of Llandudno in Wales.
2023 will also be the year for Myvillages to consider the long-term custodianship of the resources we have created and nurtured over the last 20 years, be it cultural infrastructures, social and professional networks, access to funding and so on. If we think of Myvillages as a farm that grew through many collective efforts, we now want to think of a sustainable collective future. Dates and info to be published in March :-)